Campus Grill Policy
The university asks that the following safety guidelines be adhered to when using any grills anywhere on campus grounds:
- Grills should only be used on a firm, flat and stable surface at least six feet from any building or vehicles.
- No lighter fluid or propane tanks are allowed inside any building.
- Gasoline should not be used as a combustible for grilling purposes; use only recommended barbecue lighter fluid.
- Never spray lighter fluid on burning coals.
- If it is windy, light the grill with the wind blowing away from you.
- Make sure you have a container of water close by in case of an emergency.
- Never move a barbecue once it has been lit.
- Be mindful of the safety for any children or pets in the area.
- Grills should not be left unattended.
Maximus’ Patio and the courtyard located near the Warrior Row townhouses are grilling areas with tables for students to enjoy. To keep this area clean and safe for people to use, we ask that the following guidelines be followed:
- Clean up all food and trash after using the grills.
- Loose clothing should not be worn while grilling.
- Use only charcoal as the cooking method.
- Extinguish charcoal fires thoroughly with water before leaving them unattended.
- Be mindful of proper cooking times and temperatures when cooking food on the grill.
- Lighter fluid may not be taken inside any campus facility for storage.
These grilling areas are monitored by closed circuit video surveillance so please be responsible when using the equipment. Also please be respectful of the people who will be using the grills next; don’t leave a mess for someone else to clean up. This includes safe removal of extinguished charcoal.