What to Bring
Deciding what to bring for your life on campus can be challenging. Keep in mind that space is limited and also shared. Focus first on items that you will need, then think about items you will want and the space you have left. Also, keep in mind that the security of your items is your responsibility.
Since all of our residence halls are different, we’ve prepared checklists of suggested items for each building to assist with your planning.
- Sheets, blankets, pillows, and pillowcases (beds are twin extra long)
- Personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush/toothpaste, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies
- School and desk supplies
Leave at home
- Candles, incense, or any items that require burning
- Hot plates, deep fryers, portable heaters, or any appliance with frayed cords
- Firearms or other weapons including decorative items, airsoft type guns, paintball guns, etc.
- Alcohol or drugs
- Pets of any kind (the only exception is an aquarium containing fish that cannot live outside of water and pose no danger to people through incidental contact)
College Ave. by Dormco
Want to save time on shopping? Indiana Tech has partnered with College Ave. to offer you a low-cost solution in obtaining most of your campus housing needs quickly.
Residence Hall Checklists
For more information on what to bring for your specific residence hall, download a checklist from the list below.