We have listed our most asked questions below, so check here first if you can’t find the information you’re looking for on our site. If you have a question that is not addressed below, please contact us so we can assist you.

How many residence halls does Indiana Tech have?

Indiana Tech currently has eight residence halls on campus that house freshmen through seniors.

» Back to top


Do I have to live on campus?

To help you make the most of your college experience, all freshmen and sophomores are required to live on campus. Exceptions may be made if you:

  • Are 21 or older prior to the start of your first semester.
  • Live with a responsible relative within 50 miles of the university.
  • Are married and live with your spouse within 50 miles of the university.
  • Are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • Have special circumstances requiring additional consideration.

Students enrolling through a recruitment agency are required to live on campus their first two semesters regardless of the exceptions above. To request an exemption from living on campus, please complete the Housing Release/Exemption Request form.

» Back to top


How do I apply for housing?

Applying for student housing can be completed in just a few easy steps which include completing the housing application and submitting the required housing deposit.

» Back to top


What does it cost to live on campus?

Since each of our residence halls is slightly different, the room and meal plan rates vary. For current housing costs and other university fees, visit the tuition and fees page.

» Back to top


How are roommates assigned?

If a specific roommate is not requested, the residence life office assigns a roommate using personal background information furnished on the housing application. Initial requests for specific roommates are honored if the deposits and applications are made prior to May 1 and both applicants request each other as roommates.

Fall room assignments are made in late May and information on the assignments will be sent via email by June 1. Assignments to campus housing are made based on the date of application with deposit and availability of space. The university reserves the right to make changes in the room assignments when it is in the best interests of the residents and/or the university.

» Back to top


Can I have a car on campus?

All students are allowed to have a car on campus. Students are required to register their vehicles and purchase parking permits. Visit the parking policy page for more information on the parking policy and to apply for a permit.

» Back to top


How do I receive mail/packages when living on campus? What is my mailing address?

Your mailing address will be included on your housing assignment email. Each student living on campus is assigned his/her own mailbox. The mailing address is as follows:

Student Name
1600 E Washington Blvd.
Box #
Fort Wayne, IN 46803

» Back to top